Monthly Archives November 2016

Morimoto restaurant linked to Salmonella

My roommate Owen and I used to watch Iron Chef, the original dubbed version, while we ate late night Chinese food after going to the bar. I always liked the Morimoto the best. He was sort of the Bi…

Source: Barf Blog | Morimoto restaurant linked to Salmonella

Read More

Marine Agrifuture, LLC. Recalls “Kahuku Ogo”, “Robusta Ogo” and “Kahuku Sea Asparagus” Because of Possible Health Risk

Marine Agrifuture, LLC. of Kahuku, HI, is recalling its “Kahuku Ogo”, “Robusta Ogo” and "Kahuku Sea Asparagus" because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis. Read More

Fifth ice cream brand recalled because of cookie dough Listeria | Food Safety News

Although testing by Blue Bell Creameries in September revealed Listeria contamination and spurred recalls by Blue Bell, three other ice cream companies and a cookie dough manufacturer, a fifth ice cream company just announced a recall, saying it wasn’t notified about the problem until this past week...

Read More

FSS releases info on E. coli O157 outbreak linked to Errington Cheese

Errington Cheese has dropped a judicial review against Food Standards Scotland (FSS) but it can still not sell product.

Source: Food Quality News | FSS releases info on E. coli O157 outbreak linked to Errington Cheese

Read More

Updated Food Recall Warning (Clostridium botulinum) – Bean Soup and Spicy Pumpkin Chili manufactured by Hinty’s

Distribution – Ontario.

Read More

Seattle health officials close down food vendor after norovirus reports | Food Safety News

Public health officials in Seattle have shut down two Indian food vendor locations in Redmond, WA, after a dozen presumed norovirus cases were reported...

Read More

Vietnamese factory workers go home early after refusing worms for lunch

Read More

Prescription for Trouble: Using Antibiotics to Fatten Livestock

The overuse of antibiotics in animal agriculture has led to antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria that make treating illness more difficult. The Union of Concerned Scientists supports legislation that will reduce the use of antibiotics in food animals.

Source: Prescription for Trouble: Using Antibiotics ...

Read More

Six die in Kenya after consuming camel meat

Six people have died in Tiaty Village, Baringo County after consuming meat from the carcass of a camel. The six died Wednesday afternoon at Akwachatis Clinic in the county after doctors tried for a…

Source: Six die in Kenya after consuming camel meat

Read More

Shigella investigators in Michigan bring in help from CDC | Food Safety News

With 177 shigellosis cases reported between March 1 and Oct. 26 from Michigan’s Genesee and Saginaw counties and no source yet identified, state and county health officials have called on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for help...

Read More