Food Safety tagged posts
Six people have died in Tiaty Village, Baringo County after consuming meat from the carcass of a camel. The six died Wednesday afternoon at Akwachatis Clinic in the county after doctors tried for a…
Source: Six die in Kenya after consuming camel meatRead More
With 177 shigellosis cases reported between March 1 and Oct. 26 from Michigan’s Genesee and Saginaw counties and no source yet identified, state and county health officials have called on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for help...
Kansas officials are investigating an E. coli outbreak among people who attended an annual festival at Louisburg Cider Mill, with the cause proving elusive after initial tests did not find the pathogen in the production area, finished cider or whole apples...
A newly published study of outbreaks linked to organic food concludes that while more data are needed to assess whether the risk is greater than for conventionally grown food, consumers should practice safe food handling in any case to avoid being sickened...
The role and importance of pigs and pork as sources of zoonotic hepatitis E virus (HEV) has been debated in Canada and abroad for over 20 years. To further investigate this question, we compiled data to populate a risk profile for HEV in pigs or pork in Canada...Read More
Summary: Takahiro Takenouchi of The Asahi Shimbun reports that chicken sashimi and “tataki” (seared chicken breasts and livers) are a common menu item in yakitori bars and restaurants across Japan...Read More
Summary: Josh Parry and Tyler Mears of the Mirror report a McDonald’s restaurant in Liverpool was forced to close this week after staff found dead mice at the branch. Bosses confirmed the restaurant was closed for a “short period” after evidence of mice was discovered at the fast food joint...Read More
Shigellosis outbreak in Flint, Mich. because people afraid to wash hands barfblog.com/2016/10/shigellosis-outbreak-in-flint-mich-because-people-afraid-to-wash-hands/Read More